War Memorial Institute
The Institute was built in 1922 in memory of villagers from the local area who fell in the first world war. The original constitution states that its function is "to serve as a village hall”. The Institute contains memorial plaques for both world wars and continues to hold the annual Remembrance Day march and service. The building and grounds are held in Trust and Managed as a registered charity by a local committee which includes Community Councillors.
Penyffordd & Penymynydd British Legion
The 'Legion' has a comfortable bar, sports bar with pool table and darts, and a large function room at the rear which is available for hire.
The Youth Club is situated in the old Penyffordd School. The building is owned by Flintshire County Council and is used during the day as a pre-school nursery.
Places of Worship
St John the Baptist
Built in 1842 by an enthusiastic member of the Gynne family from neighbouring Hawarden.
The Church is an extension of the Hope church and is available to rent for meetings.
Trinity Methodist Chapel
Pen-y-Ffordd Methodist Chapel was built in 1855 and rebuilt in 1872 in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable-entry type.
Church of St David Catholic Church
The closest Catholic Church to the village is in Mold.
Wrexham Islamic Cultural Centre
The closest Mosque to the village is in Wrexham.
Wrexham Jewish Community
The closest Sikh temple is in Liverpool:
Gurdwara & Sikh Community Centre